Mr. Saifullah Khan, Managing Partner of S.U.Khan Associates Corporate & Legal Consultants has been presenting papers on the subject of Trade Remedy Laws of WTO, TRIPS Agreement of WTO, GATS and Sustainability Reporting etc. since 2002 before various Chambers of Commerce, Professional Institutions, Government Authorities and prestigious Local and International Clients. Carried out a great deal of research on various international trade issues and have written a few articles relating to these issues as well. Following are details of a few articles & presentations:
- The Article “Mergers Control & Assessment Process” published in the “Competition & Anti-Trust Law 2020 – Expert Guide” of Corporate LiveWire Magazine of United Kingdom. Corporate LiveWire provides business professionals and individuals in the corporate finance sector with information on the latest news and developments from around the globe.Read more
- Contributed an Article on “Anti-Dumping Laws – Lifeline for Domestic Industry in the Era of Trade Liberalization” in Sep-Oct 2019 issue of official flagship Journal of the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan.Read more
- Co-authored a chapter in “The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Data Protection 2019” (6thedition) which is a practical cross-border insight into data protection law. It is a publication of “Global Legal Group, London, UK” which contains comparative study of data protection laws of 42 countries, including Pakistan.Read more
- Financier Worldwide Corporate Finance Intelligence, United Kingdom has published its Annual Review December 2018 regarding “Data Protection & Privacy Laws” wherein leading professionals from thirteen countries have expressed their professional opinion regarding a uniform set of seven questions, these countries include USA, UK, Germany, Italy, Russian Federation, Serbia, Romania, India, Israel, China, Japan and Pakistan. Managing Partner of S.U.Khan Associates, Mr. Saifullah Khan contributed his professional views about Data Protection & Privacy Law landscape in Pakistan.Read more
- Co-authored a chapter in “the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Outsourcing 2018” concerning a practical cross-border insight into outsourcing published in August 2018 by Global Legal Group, United Kingdom. The publication/guide contains worldwide legal analysis of the laws and regulations of outsourcing in twenty-one jurisdictions, including Pakistan. Chapter 16 of the publication/guide is about Pakistan.Read more
- The Article on the burning issue of Data Privacy “Defining and Setting Rules of the Game; General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)” published in the EVOLVE Magazine (a world class magazine known for the quality of its material and the class of readers it is attracting) as a “Wisdom Talk” in their July-2018 publication (Volume 4, Issue 20-2018). Read more
- S.U.Khan Associates have summarized the significant happenings about the 4th e-Commerce Week held during April 16th to 20th2018 organized by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) at Palais des Nation, Geneva, Switzerland. Managing Partner, Mr. Saifullah Khan attended the said Week, and had the opportunity to moderate one session and to speak as a panelist in three other sessions during the said Week, as below:
- What is the Economic and Social Impact of Online Platforms – 16thApril 2018 (Panelist)
- Ministerial Roundtable: Advancing Women’s Digital Opportunities – 17thApril 2018 (Panelist)
- Public Private Dialogue to Drive E-Commerce – 18thApril 2018 (Moderator – Co-organizer of this session with UNCTAD)
- First Global Meeting of E-Commerce Associations – 19th April 2018 (Panelist) Read more
- The Article “Competition Law and E-Commerce” published in the “Competition & Anti-Trust Law 2018 – Expert Guide” of Corporate LiveWire Magazine of United Kingdom. Read more
- The Article “E-Commerce and Competition Law” published in the EVOLVE Magazine in the month of February – 2018 (Volume 4, Issue 18 – 2018). Read more
- The Article “Changing Dynamics of International Trade & Investment” published in the EVOLVE Magazine as a “Special Report” in their December-2016 publication. Read more
- The Article “Cartelisation / Tacit Collusion” published in the Management Accountant, Official Journal of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (Volume 23.5 / Sep-Oct, 2014).
- Prepared and presented a Research Study on “Review of Pak-China and Pak-Malaysia FTAs and to Develop a Framework to Review Preferential Trade Agreements” before the Public Private Dialogue (PPD) held by the International Trade Centre (ITC) with the collaboration of Ministry of Commerce (MOC) on June 19thParticipants of the PPD included large number of Government officials (from various Ministries) as well as private sector stakeholders. The Chair and moderator of the presentation session was Additional Secretary Commerce.
- The Article “Dispute Settlement Mechanism” published in the Newsletter of the WTO Cell of Ministry of Industries, Government of Pakistan, (Volume 2012/03).
- The Article “likely implication of MFN Status being granted to India.” published in the Newsletter of the WTO Cell of Ministry of Industries, Government of Pakistan, (Volume 2012/01).
- Prepared and presented a Research Study on “Professional Services and GATS: Pakistan” before the PPD held in Islamabad on October 27, 2011. This research study was conducted under Component 1(implemented by the International Trade Centre) of the European Union funded Trade Related Technical Assistance (TRTA II) programme.
- The Article “Anti-dumping – The Most Emerging Issue of Today” was published in;
- Management Accountant, the monthly journal of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) for the month of September 2001.Read more
- The Pakistan Accountant, the bi-monthly journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) for the month of September/October 2001.Read more
- Various English periodicals/newspapers in Pakistan like: The World Trade Review, Dawn & Business Recorder.
- Presented paper on “Trade Remedies Procedures in Pakistan” and “Trade Outlook 2017 – Pakistani Perspective” during Annual Meeting of Global Trade Law Advisors – GTLA from January 09 – 13, 2017 in Beijing, China, hosted by a Chinese law firm (Jingsh Law Firm).
- Presented paper on the importance and scope of the Anti-Dumping, Subsidies & Countervailing and Safeguard Measures in the context of trade with India and how these trade remedy laws could be meaningfully applied, on “Post MFN Implication for Industrial Sector of Pakistan” before:
- Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) on March 13, 2012.
- Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) on March 19, 2012.
- Khybar Pakhtunkhwa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KPCCI) on March 29, 2012.
- Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on April 03, 2012
- Presented paper on “Antidumping Laws and its Implications for Pakistan” at a training course on “International Trade and WTO” for senior government officers representing various Federal Ministries, Divisions and Institutions. This course was organized by Pakistan Planning and Management Institute (PPMI), located in Planning and Development Division, Government of Pakistan.
- Presented paper on WTO Regime and Productive role of Management Accountants in the 9th Management Accountants International Conference (MAIC), organized by the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP), held in Pearl Continental Hotel, Bhurban, Pakistan in the month of July 2002.
- Presented paper on Trade Remedy Laws of WTO at a seminar organized by ICMAP Islamabad in the month of June 2002.
- Presented paper on “Antidumping Law and Practices” at:
- Seminar on “Tra%
- Seminar on “Tra%